POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And even more shrubs : Re: And even more shrubs Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And even more shrubs
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 3 Dec 2000 07:01:42
Message: <3a2a3626@news.povray.org>
The shrubs are growing very well ...

But the aliasing(and the sharp contrasts) makes it hard for the
JPG ...
So either try to use AA or render it in a higher resolution and
than apply a mosaik-filter (averaging the color of 2x2 pixels)
before scaling it down to 50% ...
This can make wonders ...

CU Jan ..

--

 ,',    Jan Walzer      \V/  http://wa.lzer.net     ,',
',','   student of      >|<  mailto:jan### [at] lzernet ',','

=Bob= <Bob### [at] threestrandscom> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
3a29be21@news.povray.org...
> Added a propensity for growing towards the sky to my
> shrub code. I am most grateful that so many of you have
> taken the time to comment on these pictures, without which
> they would only be mediocre. I am hoping that each
> generation is getting better. As usual, the jpeg crushes the
> detail of the picture.
>
> You will see in this picture that most branches are growing
> towards the sky and a few are not. I tried to impose some
> probabilities to make it so that there would still be a few
branches
> that are not fully oriented to the the sun, hopefully to
indicate